Monday, December 29, 2008

My Other Project

Between these blog posts, selling on ebay, my full-time job and my family, I've been pretty busy these last six months transitioning from my current ecommerce website (nobrainerbargains.com) to a new one with a specific niche.

I've learned the hard way that opening a website store as an extension to ebay doesn't work. Nor does selling items on a website without a theme or niche (as you can get away with on ebay) work.

So if you're thinking of starting your own ecommerce website to include etopps cards, don't be like me. Instead, swim with the current and sell other sports-related items:
  • Other sports cards
  • Hobby boxes, cases
  • Sports memorabilia by team and by sport
  • Card stand for etopps cards
  • Sports items that are hard to find online (and not on ebay)
You can even start a blog and let it be the horse to pull the cart of your store. Sell things that you can blog about so you'll have more credibility when selling. Make videos to demonstrate what you're selling. For example if you're selling display cases for sports memorabilia, make a video for how to hang the display case on the wall.

* * *

At the expense of this post sounding like a promotional plug, I just updated the Connections section on the right side area, adding my latest project - Simply Superheroes. It's not live yet but should be up by tomorrow evening.

This website store will offer superhero merchandise for kids: Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Hulk, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Captain America and Wonder Woman. I will be selling products such as t-shirts, pajamas, backpacks, posters, party supplies and books.

If you are interested or if you know someone who would be interested in shopping here, I'm offering a discount code for the first order and a free gift to go with the order. Enter FIRSTORDER at checkout to get 10% off.



No comments: