Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Idea For Serializing Autographs; Solution to Send & Run on Ebay


If there is a person at etopps who writes the serial number from the square sticker on the back of each autograph on the respective certificate of authenticity, why can't they also write "001/100" somewhere on the COA as well?

This would make the COA more valuable and create a little more demand for certain serial numbers (ie, the player's jersey number).

* * *

It happened again last night on ebay. A potential buyer for one of my buy-it-now/best offer listings emailed me via ebay. Minutes after receiving the email I emailed him back. More than 12 hours after I replied to his email, I haven't heard a word from him.

Similar to hit & run, this is send (email) & run. I'm convinced that ebay buyers assume sellers will not reply to an email until 24 hours after the email has been sent.

Couldn't ebay create an icon that shows up next to your ebay id that indicates logged onto ebay? It could be anything, as simple as a green traffic light so buyers can assume sellers will not return emails. I'm always surprised by how many buyers who do respond to an email I send them through ebay compliment me on how fast I respond.

Bottom line: customer service should not be perceived as optional. It should be a given.

No comments: